Blank Incident Report Template to Make a Good Risk Reducer
Making an incident report for any business is important to find out the cause and to reduce the risk of happening in the future. A blank incident report template should be a good choice to ease the report making.
The Importance of Blank Incident Report Template
Everyone tries to be as close as possible to perfection in order to avoid incidents. Most of us will be aware if we find something out of the condition and then try to fix it. It might sound bloodcurdling but in reality, a human cannot always avoid incidents.
Making an incident report is indispensable as a part of the act of prevention. Therefore, utilizing a blank incident report template in reporting any accidents happened in your business is needed to keep it effective and efficient as the template is available in many user-friendly formats like PDF, Word, and Excel.
Blank Incident Report Template for Business
In business, incidents may appear in many kinds such as security incidents, claims, accidents, safety incidents, flaws in the working environment or in the company facility, near misses, etc. Whether your business is small or global, an incident report has the same urgent role in supporting the business.
An incident report provides essential data related to the accidents to analyze. The data will be a great help to develop better prevention of any other incidents in the future, also can be a reminder of possible accidents. Reporting an incident will develop the employees’ awareness to improve the security, safety, and quality of the working environment.
Essential Blank Incident Report Template Components
As a trustworthy document, an incident report provides details of information related to the happened accidents. A good blank incident report template will provide a space for you to include the following information:
- State of the incident.
- The detail of the date, time, and location or place of the incident. Additional details such as the shift when the incident happened and the unit or area of the incident are suggested.
- Names of people involved and witnessed the incident.
- Job or position of the employees involved in the incident.
- Condition of the environment and the circumstances when the incident happened.
- Reason or situation leading to the incident. It might be faulty equipment or environmental jeopardy that contributes to the incident.
- The activity of the employees at the time of incident.
- Injuries and damages inflicted.
- The existence of any factors that may risk or inflict any other incidents.
- Immediate corrective actions were taken after the incident to prevent another one.
Tips to Utilize Blank Incident Report Template Effectively
To maximize the benefits that you can get from making a report by using a blank incident report template, make sure that all the information included is accurate and written as detail as possible. Besides, consider these tips to utilize your report template effectively.
- Choose a template that suits the protocol applied in your business.
- Write the incident report as soon as possible. Writing the report on the same day with the incident is suggested to avoid memory loss.
- Try to write the incident details of the first person view thoroughly, accurately, honestly, and clearly.
- Double-check the information you include in the report and proofread it.