Collection of Handover Report Template and Sample
The handover report template is typically used when a certain role is transitioned by two people to make sure nothing necessary is left or overlooked. This situation may happen when the employee or staff is on long absent due to vacation, resigning, or there is the new staff that taking over the position. To make sure of a smooth transition, all small or large issues have to be conveyed inside, especially the key information to avoid miscommunication, mistakes, any kind of loss, or decreasing productivity.
Handover Report Template Purpose
The handover report contains a summary of the activities for the temporary work assignment or job sharing. It is most often used when an employee is out of a certain position and someone has to take over. It allows the former staff to give sums up related to the work for the newer employee in order to take over the project or the role without any troubles.
These forms of handover report template are the basic tool used to ensure neat transition and can be used in different ways. You can input information for permanent staff replacement or simply shift schedule changes. The key to delivering a good and understandable report is to contains the basic and crucial first, to prevent future issues arise after the former employee left the position.
Handover Report Template Contents
Even though the contents between the reports might differ from one another depending on the job types, here are several basic elements incorporate on yours:
- Work or project status: must be written in the detailed description, as well as the next steps needed to complete it.
- Upcoming events or deadlines: provide information about upcoming events such as the location and date. So does it with the approaching deadlines, write down about the process or the people involved.
- Issues to be aware of: if there’s an issue that the new employee must be informed of, it should be included in the report.
- Notable items or person: things, places, or people that are deemed as important must be listed in the specific way, rather than only mentioned as an indication.
Handover Report Template Additional Information
Sometimes, it is important to include a summary of certain issues and the information on how to be prepared for responsible people. The staff who’s getting a new position that you previously have will thank you for the efforts that you put.
Here are a few examples of the overview of notable issues in the handover report template:
- Guides and instruction to access certain rooms, buildings, or offices.
- The location of crucial items or supplies such as paper stacks or coffee.
- Tips to complete works with tricky steps or equipment.
- Contact numbers of help or assistance.
The Downloadable Handover Report Template
You can download the handover report template for free. By using it, you don’t have to make the report from scratch. It can also make sure that nothing’s forgotten or neglected because everything’s already included inside the formats.