Various Samples of Comprehensive Annual Financial Report Templates
Submitting a comprehensive annual financial report or CAFR is something that obligated by the law for the majority of state and municipal governments. Some even initiate voluntarily to complete the document. The aim of proposing CAFR is to offer transpiration to the public about their tax money in a detailed accounting manner, especially the expenditures. Find comprehensive annual financial report templates here on this page that will provide you the pre-formatted financial reports with various essential components such as narrative, notes, and other relevant data.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report Templates PDF Documents
CAFR is an assembled document containing financial statements created by the government following the required accounting formats that are determined by the Governmental Accounting Standards Board (GASB). It has to follow the standards and approved by the audit process done by an independent auditor.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report Templates Components
These comprehensive annual financial report templates contain the debt information section, which is the main component of the document. Here are the several things that should be presented in the report regarding the debt:
- Introductory: the section that offers overview or overall insight of the financial information such as debt or outstanding debt in the form of transmittal letter.
- Financial: the section that includes debt information, debit balances both in the short and long term, and the notes of the financial statement which often consist of accounting policies, debt, liabilities, and bonded indebtedness.
- Statistical: may or may not be presented on the reports, contains additional information regarding the debt.
- Legal Debt Margin: shows the total debt and the usage percentage.
- Ratios of Outstanding Debt by Type: presents the outstanding debts in the last decade and list them by the bond issued types.
- Ratios of General Bonded Debt Outstanding: shows the details of general obligation debt.
- Debt Capacity: provides the data about the government’s outstanding debt and the legal debt margin.
- Debt Service Funds shows the long-term debt interest rates and the resources that possibly are available to pay them off.
Customizable Comprehensive Annual Financial Report Templates
Despite various requirements and guidelines to create the CAFR, you can still create a distinctive kind of report through the design. Take an example of Maryland, where its government produces a visually pleasing document that shows the state’s interesting destinations and landscape such as Smith Island or Baltimore Harbor. It is also designed in whimsical art and colorful tones. If you look at the comprehensive annual financial report templates provided here, some are designed to look simple and formal, while some are designed to be eye-grabbing.
Free Download Comprehensive Annual Financial Report Templates
Get the comprehensive annual financial report templates to use for free. They are available in different formats, including PDF to give you inspiration and guidance to create one on your own. Whichever template type that you choose, you can customize it to match with the vibes and brand of the related entity. You also have to consider the variety of the audience and the readers to make the document worthwhile.