The International Max Planck Research School grants in transnational governance of labor. Do you have a master’s degree in sociology, political science, economics, organization studies or a related field?
Then apply until 28 Feb 2019 here: http://bit.ly/2VWYJMy
How to Apply School grants
The application procedure for the IMPRS-SPCE is online. Since your registration as an applicant and your application form are submitted in one document, it is essential for you to read this entire section carefully so that you do things in the proper order. Note that you will not be able to change your data after it has been submitted.
The deadline for School grants applications is February 28.
The Procedure at a Glance School grants
- See Information for Applicants to make sure you are eligible to apply.
- Start compiling your documents early. You will need a fair amount of time to get all the information together, and your referees need to have time to write their letters.
- Find referees. You will need to ask two referees to write letters of recommendation for you. You have to name them in your Application and Registration form, so you must first ensure that they are willing to provide the recommendation. When you have submitted your Application and Registration form, the referees will receive an automatic e-mail linking them to the Letter of Recommendation form. It is your responsibility to contact your referees and make sure they submit the form in due time.
- Fill out the Application and Registration form.
- Look out for the Confirmation E-Mail with your Registration Code. Your spam filter might sort out the confirmation e-mail, so check your spam folder if you do not receive the confirmation e-mail within an hour.
- Upload your Supplementary Application Materials, including a cover letter, CV, project proposal and transcripts.
Step 1: Submit Application and Registration Form
The Application and Registration form – including your contact information, educational background, and the names of two referees – is also the form with which you register to take part in the whole online application procedure. You must submit it before you upload the supplementary application materials, and before your referees can submit their letters. When we have received your application form, you will receive a confirmation mail with a personal Registration Code to which all later documents must refer. Since the system does not allow for you to save this form with your data in it, and the completed form will not be sent back to you, copy it (with copy and paste into Word, for example) and save it for your recordsbefore submitting it. Save any long texts separately, as they will not be fully displayed in your Word copy.
Application and Registration Form
Step 2: Submit Supplementary Application Materials
Use the Supplementary Application Materials form to upload the other documents required for your application.
- A cover letter including your motivation for applying to the IMPRS-SPCE.
- Your curriculum vitae, including your academic training and professional experience.
- One example of scholarly work, up to 20 pages (seminar paper, chapter of your master thesis, etc.).
- A short research proposal describing one or two possible dissertation topics (up to 5 pages in total).
- Scans of official transcripts/records of studies from all colleges/universities you have attended as well as the document proving your eligibility to stud at a college or university (High-school diploma, A levels, “Abiturzeugnis” or equivalent).
The preferred document type is PDF. However, RTF/Word, JPEG and ZIP documents are also accepted. Your files should not exceed 10 MB in total. When scanning your documents, choose a lower resolution to ensure a smaller file size.
Supplementary Application Materials Form