Overview: La Crosse County has an opportunity for a Law Clerk to to assist the Courts in legal research and in mediating small claims settlement. Law Clerk/Small Claims Mediation Job in USA – Free Accommodation
Law Clerk/Small Claims Mediation Job in USA – Free Accommodation
3. Law School Transcript
4. Writing Sample addressed to Judge Ramona GonzalezThis full-time (40 hrs/wk), salaried position qualifies for our excellent benefits package!
Benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Health insurance at an affordable monthly cost to you with low deductibles and options for free services at retail clinics.
- Dental insurance with many services covered at 100%
- Life insurance with short and long-term disability.
- Wisconsin Retirement System.
- Generous paid time off benefits such as vacation and holidays.
- Reviews motions and briefs submitted by parties, offering legal opinions as requested.
Conducts independent legal research and provides advisory opinions for the judges and court staff.
- Prepares memoranda, decisions, and orders for the judges.
- Advises judges on novel and unusual legal issues as they arise.
- Stays current on statutes and precedential case law, advising judges and court staff of critical developments affecting the operation of the court.
- Responds to letters from attorneys and pro se litigants on behalf of the judges.
- Maintains a record of assignments, balancing workloads from multiple judges to comply with due dates and assignment requirements.
- Assists the judges and the Clerk of Courts with other projects as required.
- Mediates all small claims cases in La Crosse County before trial, including all landlord/tenant disputes and eviction cases.
- Juris Doctorate or an L.L.M. from an accredited law school or a foreign equivalent required.
- Legal research experience and practical experience drafting legal memorandums preferred.
- Arbitration and/or mediation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of landlord/tenant law is a plus.
- Familiarity with Wisconsin law is a plus, but is not required.
Apply for Law Clerk/Small Claims Mediation Job in USA