The Scholarship programme consists of both the High Potential Scholarship (funded by the Maastricht University Netherlands Scholarship Fund), and the Holland Scholarship, which is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education,
Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
Eligibility: 1. You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
2. You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2019-2020 academic year. Please click here for a full list of the Master’s programmes participating in this scholarship programme.
3. You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
4. You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
5. You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2019.
6. You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2019-2020 scholarship programme applicants.
Benefits: The scholarship covers living expenses (€12,350 – 13 months; €23,750 – 25 months), health and liability insurance (€520), visa application costs (€192), tuition fee (€13,000, €15,000 or €17,500, depending on the tuition of your study programme), and pre-academic training costs (€695)
- eu eea and meet
- degree seeking higher education
- full time master
- programme at maastricht university
- obtaining an entry visa
- country outside the eu
- applied for admission
- nationality in a country
- participated in a degree
- netherlands are welcome to apply
- programme in the netherlands
- 35 years of age
- visa and residence permit
- requirements for obtaining
- hold nationality
- seeking higher education programme
- permit for the netherlands
- admission to a full
- holland high potential scholarship
- entry visa and residence
Application: To apply for the scholarship, you must first register for one of the participating Master’s Programme (MA) at Maastricht University. Once you have submitted your application via Studielink, you will receive a student ID number which you will need in order to complete and submit the Scholarship Application Form. You must then fill in the application form, upload the required documents, and submit your application online.
Where to apply: Scholarship Website