Northeastern University Northeastern offers graduate students a variety of resources to help them finance their education, including assistantships, scholarships, grants, loans, and work awards. Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Financial Aid Free Application for Federal Student Aid
Northeastern offers graduate students a variety of resources to help them finance their education, including assistantships, scholarships, grants, loans, and work awards. Students should also consider starting their Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) the first step toward receiving financial support from the federal government.
Included among Northeastern’s available resources are:
- Double Husky Scholarship
- Lifetime Learning Membership
- Fellowship Opportunities
- Yellow Ribbon Program (Specific to military students)
Northeastern also provides assistantships and other financial support to a limited number of qualified full-time graduate students who have demonstrated high scholastic achievement.
Some assistantships are promised at the time of acceptance; others may be awarded at any time. Prospective students should visit their desired college’s website to determine what they’re eligible for. Northeastern offers:
- Research Assistantships (RA) — Research assistants are involved in research activities under the direct supervision of regular faculty members. Research assistant positions are funded through externally funded grants.
- Teaching Assistantships (TA) — Teaching assistants help faculty members in capacities that involve direct contact with either undergraduate or graduate students, such as serving as grading assistants or holding office hours.
- Stipend Graduate Assistantships (SGA) — Doctoral students are eligible for an SGA, which offers a stipend, tuition remission, and health plan that covers the entirety of their program.
- Company Sponsorship — In an effort to increase productivity and the skill level of their employees, many corporations provide some type of sponsorship for full- or part-time study through employee tuition reimbursements.
- GrantForward — GrantForward is a search engine that lets users search for federal grants and sponsors. Northeastern is a subscribing institution. For students to gain access to the database, however, they need to be connected to the Northeastern University Network—either NUNET or NUWave. To access this resource, visit the GrantForward website.
- afghanistan service grant
- free application for federal
- federal loans
- undergraduate students
- google play
- federal pell grants
- application for federal student
- department of education
- career school
- work study
- apps for android
- academic years
- student loan
- iraq or afghanistan
- federal government
- parent or guardian
- students and parents
- financial aid
- free app
- federal student aid fafsa
For more details on the types of aid available and how to apply, visit our Student Financial Services website