What causes hormonal imbalance?
Hormone Imbalance in Women: Brief Overview :Dr Chudi Godsons
♧Hormones are very important chemicals your body produces to regulate various functions. Reproductive functions in women are regulated.
♧These hormones work by sending signals and messages to various organs and tissues that are responsive for reproduction.
♧When they work peacefully, your body behaves in a predictable way. But when there is a problem in their level and function, like there is too much or too little of any one hormone, then imbalance occurs.
♧Most times this can happen without any signs and even a particular cause.
Can present as:
• Extreme fatigue
• Hair loss and probably facial hair growth
• Irregular menses
• Painful menses
• Night sweats
• Hot flushes
• Loss of libido
• Mood swing
• Headaches and migraines
• Weight gain
These are the few symptoms of hormone imbalance.
These symptoms if ignored in the initial stages can grow worse as time goes by.
• 1. Incorrect relationship between progesterone and estrogen levels in the woman’s body. These are the two key hormones that must coexist peacefully in a perfect balance, and any variations and changes in this perfect balance will start to have a dramatic effect on the woman’s health, leading to imbalance.
• 2.Taking the Pill, a contraceptive and birth control medication.
• 4.Extreme weight loss
• 5. Anorexia
• 6.Extreme sports
• 7.Too much of stress.
• 9.Environmental reasons, including pollution, poisons.
• 11. Consumption of animal products with estrogen
• 12. Over nutrition
•13. Early-onset menopause
•14. Ovarian failure
• 15. Thyroid disorders
3. #Preventing Hormonal Imbalance
•1. Controlling diet or exercise regimes.
• 2. Healthy lifestyle
• 3. Processed foods should be avoided as much as possible because they contain chemicals that can interfere with the production of the two important hormones.
• 4. A good diet beneficial to hormonal balance should be composed of foods that are rich in omega-3 and omega-6 acids.
• 5. Synthetic hormones are used in therapies aiming to correct hormonal imbalance in wome